GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
How to sign-up
For more information, please contact reception or next time you visit the surgery, bring with you a piece of photo ID (passport, driving licence) and something with your address on like a bank statement but not a gas or electric bill. If you don’t have these, please talk to us and we will help you sign-up
Using the Patient Access Website, you can:
- Request repeat prescriptions
- Book appointments online.
- Send secure online messages to your named GP which will be responded to within 2 working days.
- View your medical records online.
To register to use the Patient Access Website for online services, please visit the surgery and speak to reception. They will register you for online services and provide log in information.
If you are registering to use Online Services, unless you are well known to the receptionist, you will be required to provide 2 recent forms of proof of identity. One must be include a photo, and one must confirm your current address. Reception may wish to discuss your request with your GP or Practice Manager.
Please click here for a detailed guide to using the Patient Access website .